For the last episode of Season 1, Nicola and Florence welcome Dr Alyse Goldberg, whose endocrinology practice focuses on managing hormonal conditions in reproductive age women, many of who are attempting to conceive. Together, they discussed
- How common is HA compared to PCOS, and why misdiagnoses happen
- Dr Goldberg's recommendations for patients she diagnoses with HA
- How often amenorrhea is in fact a symptom of Premature Ovarian Insuffiency (POI) and not HA and whether having FSH close to 20 is a sign of POI
- Whether there is a link between HA and elevated liver enzymes, or HA with Thyroid conditions like Hashimoto's disease
- Whether "hormone balancing" diets actually work
We also mention the story of young elite runnner Mary Cain in this episode. Find more about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBwtCf2X5jw
Please watch out for a little bonus note from both Nicola and Florence at the end of this episode! Thanks so much to all of our listeners (and editor Steven Worlow) for supporting us during Season 1 and we are very much looking forward to publishing Season 2 in the fall of 2021! Take care!
To find support in your HA recovery:
Get the "No Period. Now What?" book at noperiod.info/book.
To make an appointment with Dr Rinaldi and get individual support to get your period back or improve your fertility, please go to noperiod.info/appointments
To make an appointment with Florence Gillet and get help with the body and mind changes happening in recovery please visit www.beyondbodyimage.com
You can find us on social media
No Period, Now What? on Instagram
No Period, Now What? Recovery Support Group
Beyond Body Image on Facebook
Beyond Body Image on Instagram
Amenorrhee_fr (HA recovery 100% in French) on Instagram
Email us via email@example.com
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please drop us a rating and a review to help more people find it.
Editing by Steven Worlow
Original Music by the Andy Shulman Band "Lost & Found" available on Spotify.